Batteries Car batteries
Car batteries from Bosch – the driving force
Innovative technologies make a vital contribution to the first-class quality and high performance capabilities of Bosch batteries. Bosch purposefully developed these technologies for the contrasting requirement profiles of different types of vehicle. This ensures maximum safety and reliability.
Why is the battery check so important?
Do you have any idea about the current state of your battery? Most drivers probably do not give it a second thought until they have a breakdown or their vehicle refuses to start. The best solution is to have a regular battery check performed at a Bosch Car Service workshop. It makes more sense to spend a few minutes in the workshop than to wait around for hours for a breakdown service to turn up.
Battery technology from Bosch – optimum power to suit all requirements
At our workshops, everybody invests plenty of energy in their everyday work to make sure your car is back on the road as soon as possible. Which is why we at Bosch Car Service rely on the innovative technology and top quality standards offered by Bosch batteries. They were all developed specifically to meet the requirements of different types of vehicle and so ensure your car always has plenty of power available.
Bosch S5 AGM Battery
For passenger cars with start/stop system and braking energy recuperation.
In batteries with AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) technology, special mats of very thin glass fibers lie tightly between the lead plates of the battery and hold all the electrolyte. The high contact pressure minimizes the loss of active material with an extremely low internal resistance. The faster reaction between the electrolyte and the plate material allows the passage of a greater quantity of energy in demanding situations.
The advantages at a glance:
- Longer service life and up to 4-times greater deep cycle resistance than a conventional starter battery
- Constant power even on short journeys, in stop-and-go traffic or with high power consumption whilst stationary
- Outstanding power input and starting power even with extensive electrical equipment
- Installation in any position, no leakage and absolutely maintenance-free
Bosch S4 EFB Batteries
In EFB technology, the positive plate is coated with so-called polyester scrim. This gives the active material additional grip on the plate. Deep cycle resistance is then greater than in traditional batteries, and the battery also remains ready for operation when subject to strong vibrations
The advantages at a glance:
- Longer service life and twice the deep cycle resistance of a conventional starter battery
- Reliable starting even at extreme temperatures and with extensive electrical equipment
- Particularly good charge acceptance and short journey properties
- Absolutely maintenance-free, sealed and leak-proof up to an angle of 55°
S5 / S4 / S3 with PowerFrame® technology – optimum starting power for every car
With its S5, S4 and S3 batteries, Bosch offers three made-to-measure battery lines for a great variety of requirements and vehicle types. The grid with special PowerFrame ® technology – responsible for optimum electricity flow, lower corrosion and a longer service life – is crucial for the performance and reliability of these Bosch batteries. The S5, S4 and S3 therefore satisfy the stringent international quality requirements for cold starting performance and capacity.
The advantages at a glance:
- Prevents grid growth and corrosion at the edges and so damage to the separator
- Grid is more hard-wearing and resistant to corrosion.
- The rigid, precise structure ensures excellent adhesion of the active material to the grid and permits low-resistance, rapid charging and discharging of the battery
- 100% maintenance-free
Accessories from Bosch – everything you need for checking and replacing car batteries
Bosch Car Service has a comprehensive range of top quality Bosch accessories to help you connect, replace or check your car battery the convenient and professional way. Our experts will also be pleased to do this work for you.
We recommend: Bosch Car Service battery check
You can have your battery regularly checked and replaced if necessary by the experts at our automotive workshops. The advantage is clear to see: It is far better to spend a few minutes with us than to have to wait by the roadside for a breakdown service to arrive.
Important information and valuable advice
Do you have any idea about the current state of your battery? Most drivers probably don't give it a thought until they have a breakdown or their vehicle refuses to start. The Bosch Car Service Battery Guide explains all you need to know to make sure this never happens. It contains valuable advice on how to give your battery a helping hand if you are having trouble starting and how you can extend its service life.
High quality service for your car
Bosch Car Service - the car experts. This is the right address for outstanding service quality for your car. Whether you are looking for advice, repair or service work we can offer the full package - coupled with the unique expertise of Bosch, the world's leading original equipment supplier for virtually all makes.
The experts from Bosch Car Service are fully equipped to deal with the latest automotive technology in vehicles of all makes and keep them in perfect working order. And so your car is always in the best possible hands when you take it to Bosch Car Service for maintenance and repair.
For everything your car needs!
- We service all makes and models
- Affordable quality you can trust
- Service without invalidating your warranty
- Over 15,000 garages worldwide
- Technicians trained by Bosch on the latest automotive technology